We are excited that you are interested in becoming a member of WLLO Village. As we start this membership process, the most significant benefit of joining WLLO Village is that you will be connected to a new supportive group of neighbors in your own community.
WLLO Village will support you in addressing needs on an ongoing basis rather than waiting for a crisis when options may be more limited.
We define support in two ways: As hands-on services designed to help you manage your day-to-day activities and chores; and as frequent social activities that help you stay connected, meet old friends, and make new ones.
Therefore, you can choose between two kinds of memberships for engaging with your community.
Our Associate Membership
This membership is designed for individuals who are primarily interested in attending the social functions that WLLO is organizing. They have also access to the list of vetted vendors. Direct services are restricted to a small number per year.
Social connections and interactions are enriching everyone’s life. Some of these activities will be organized by WLLO, others by volunteers. Among other things, you can expect happy hours, book clubs, coffee meet-ups, movie and theater groups, craft parties, potluck dinners, picnics and opportunities to learn and attend lectures.
If a health issue arises, your associate membership may be upgraded to a full-service membership for six weeks at no additional charge.
Our Full-Service Membership
This is the all-inclusive membership for individuals who want to receive direct services from volunteers in accordance with the membership agreement and have access to the list of vetted vendors. They are also invited to attend all social events.
Here is a list of some of the volunteer services you can expect from WLLO. We will discuss all our services with you in a meeting, as they change or are updated periodically.
- Help at home
- Occasional housekeeping
- Occasional pet care
- Paperwork management
- Help with your technology
- Light maintenance
- Occasional light yard/garden work
- Personal Support
- Companionship visits
- Check in phone calls
- Transportation to medical appointments, other appointments and events, to run errands with you
Membership Fees and Services
Our membership fees are priced based on the kind of membership you pick, and whether it is for an individual or a household. You can either pay in one annual payment or in twelve monthly installments. If you prefer the latter, it has to be in the form of automated withdrawals from a bank account to cut down on expenses.
WLLO Village is excited to offer Charter Memberships in combination with Full or Associate memberships. As a Charter Member you will be instrumental in helping our Village to ramp-up its launch and first year of operations with revenue on hand. Charter Members sign up and pay a one-time fee of $500 in addition to either a Full or Associate membership during the pre-launch phase (March 2019 through June 2019) and first year of post launch (June 2019 through June 2020).
We hope you’ll join as a Charter Member and enjoy the benefits of our community.
Charter Membership Benefits
- Charter Members will be specially recognized as such on the website and at a Charter Member Opening and Getting to Know You party.
- Charter Members are guaranteed that their membership fee will not be raised for a period of five years. In addition, if you are an Associate Charter Member who wishes to upgrade to a Full Service membership within the first five years of signing up, you can do so at the 2019 rate of $540 annually.
- All Charter Members, whether Full Service or Associate, will receive an additional three months of membership for free. This will increase your initial membership benefits and services to fifteen months.
- WLLO Village is part of Villages NW a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all or most of the Charter Membership fee is a charitable donation. Please consult your tax professional for tax advice.
Becoming a Member
Like in any good relationship, it has to work for both sides. We have adopted guidelines that have proven to work in other Villages. Becoming a member is a deliberate process that consists of 4 steps.
Step 1: Complete a member questionnaire and send it to the WLLO office. You can request that one will be mailed to you by calling this number: (503) 479-8393.
Step 2: A WLLO volunteer will come to your home to talk about what we can offer to you and learn what your needs are in more detail. This meeting is the most important element that we use to identify whether there is a fit.
Step 3: Sign the membership agreement and other relevant papers.
Step 4: Make the necessary arrangements to pay for your membership
We organize new member meetings on a regular basis to help ease new members into our community and help them meet like-minded individuals.
Are you ready to become a member? Please fill out this form to start the process.